|Hepatitis C and eradication
May 26, 2000
Is it possible to eradicate Hepatitis C? My friend says that he no longer has it that it was eradicated. Does this mean that he cannot pass it to anyone else?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Absolutely. See the last question. We can cure this illness even in the presence of HIV! The hepatitis C virus does not integrate into the genome of the host like HIV and we can cure it in about 40% of cases, (maybe a little less). Also, about 15% of people who get it will clear the virus during the acute infection, which is the opposite of hepatitis B where 15% do not clear it. DTD
Penazine for Hep C?
Hep C contagion
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- ARE SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES IN THE GROIN VISIBLE?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.