May 17, 2001
can you have mixed genotypes 1a and 1 b????? and what does 8.5x10 to the 5th power mean in viral load
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Yes ,you can have both genotypes at the same time.The extraordinary heterogeneity(differences in the genetic composition of the virus),is the main reason for the persistance of the virus in the blood,the low rate of clearance and the resistance to treatment. The viral load is expressed in IU (international units),or number of copies and in logs.(exponential)10x5 means100,000 times the value.This is the only way we can report very high counts.Less than 10x6 (1000000),is considered low.
Caffein and fiber for HBV
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Emotional Effects Of Stds
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.