Does Hepatitis C have symptoms?

I have HIV for the last 3 years and I was never tested for hepatitis C, even though I got HIV from a guy who used drugs and probably had both hepatitis and HIV. I don't seem to have any symptoms for hepatitis. Does this mean I shouldn't worry?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis C can have a lot of symptoms or be totally symptomless. It is also known as the silent killer because of this. The usual time to cirrhosis in HIV negative people is about 20 years in HIV+ people, it is about 10 years. While you shouldn't panic, you should get tested for it, because the sooner we know about it the sooner we can treat it and the sooner we can CURE it. That's right I used the "C" word! We can actually eradicate the virus from the body, even if you have HIV! So get tested! DTD

Hep D Test came back positive
Penazine for Hep C?