|HIV & E-Panel
May 17, 2001
My doctor recently sent me to the lab to test for hepatitis but on he also wrote down E-Panel on the doctor slip. What is E-Panel?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The e antigen is one of the proteins that compose the hepatitis B virus.The panel will report both the antigen and the antibody.A positive e antigen is seen in active infection and it is lost during recovery of the hepatitis.The appearance of the e antibody ,then occurs and is the marker for clearance of the virus.
Whether to Begin HEP C Treatment
- Is Red Dots On Tongue A Sign Of Hiv?
- What Type Of People Can't Catch The Hiv Virus?
- When Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Antibodies?
- Does Hiv Test Detect Syphilis?
- What Are The Chances Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Women?
- When You Have Hiv When Do You Lose Your Appetite?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.