|HIV & E-Panel
May 17, 2001
My doctor recently sent me to the lab to test for hepatitis but on he also wrote down E-Panel on the doctor slip. What is E-Panel?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The e antigen is one of the proteins that compose the hepatitis B virus.The panel will report both the antigen and the antibody.A positive e antigen is seen in active infection and it is lost during recovery of the hepatitis.The appearance of the e antibody ,then occurs and is the marker for clearance of the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms During Window Period
- Is Burning Urethra A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.