For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hepatitis Panel

I had a hepatitis panel 2 months after a sexual encounter and it came back negative. What is a hepatitis panel? Should I retest? I've been taking the H B vaccine with my last shot due this month. If I had Hep B would getting the Vaccine harm me?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The definition of a hepatitis panel differs widely from lab to lab, but usually includes liver tests and tests for hepatitis A B and C. Taking the HBV vaccine will not harm you if you already had it. DTD

Anemia as a complication in HCV treatment..
Testing for Hepatitis