Interpreting test results

I tested positive for HIV a couple of months ago. I read recently about co-infection with Hep B and Hep C and got more scared than ever. I've had Hep A as a teenager (I live in India). I took the Hep B vaccine, but only the first two doses; neglected, stupidly, to take the third. I went for some "Markers" tests: (1) Anti HAV --IgM -- Non Reactive; (2) HBs Ag -- Non Reactive; (3) Anti HBs -- Reactive (514 mIU/ml); (4) Anti HCV -- Non Reactive. My questions are: Does my previous Hep A infection provide me with lifetime immunity? Does the "reactive" HBs test simply mean I've developed immunity against Hep B because of my vaccine shots? Should I get a third vaccine shot? And should I get tested for Hep D and Hep E?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. The test that you got doesn't tell us if you have had Hep A in the distant past only in the past 6 weeks. You need the Hep A IGG test to tell you that. If you did have it, then you are immune for life.

As for Hep B you do have antibodies from the vaccine but you should have the third shot anyway and check the titer every 5 years or so. If you have B antibodies you can't get D. There is no vaccine or treatment for E so don't worry about it. DTD

Liver question
Anemia as a complication in HCV treatment..