Liver question

This is not exactly a hepatitis question, but it pertains to the liver. After testing positive for HIV a few months ago and experiencing weight loss (I've always been on the lean side to begin with), I've elected to go on a cycle of nandrolone and testosterone -- 200 and 250 mg a week, respectively. (No HAART.) Is this too high? Can this cause diarrhoea? If so, does it go away, should you take loperamide regularly or lower the weekly doses? (I've started resistance training as well.) I got blood work done before starting anabolics: everything well within normal range (except conj. dir. bilirubin 0.5, and unconj. bilirubin 0.4). How often, in a 12-16 week cycle should I monitor liver enzymes? Which ones, given the anabolics I'm taking, are the ones to watch out for? And what supplements do you recommend to patients experiencing any kind of hepatoxicity? Lots of questions, but THANK YOU, you (and several others on this site) are simply terrific help.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a high dose of anabolics, which do not cause diarrhea typically. That is probably related to the HIV which you should consider treating. The side effects of testosterone and nandrolone can be increased prostate size and increased risk of heart disease, not diarrhea. You should see your MD to get the diarrhea investigated.

Normally we monitor patients liver tests monthly to look for hepatoxicity. There is little to worry about in terms of liver toxicity from the injectable anabolics, they bypass the liver. DTD

Cure???
Interpreting test results