Jun 4, 2000
I read in one of your posts that you are able to CURE Hep C. Is this true? Any information you would provide on this topic would be appreciated.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Unlike HIV, HCV does not integrate itself into the human genome and thus can be eradicated. The data from the HIV negative world now suggests that if a person is treated and is virus free (PCR negative) at 6 months after stopping treatment, they are nearly 100% likely to remain virus free 10 years later. We really can cure this virus! However, treatment is not easy. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.