May 16, 2001
Is touching a scab of someone with HEP C (hand), the same as touching dried blood? Does the blood have to be visable to be infectious? THANKS
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.THe scabs are cicatricial tissue ,not blood.Blood does not have to be visible to be infectious.HCV can be present and infectious in a very small amount of blood.
Why the symptoms?
Whether to Begin HEP C Treatment
- Hiv Mother To Fetus Transmission
- Condom Breaks What Percent Chance Do I Have Hiv
- Does Hiv Infection Show Up During Pap Smear?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Can Atripla Cause False Positive On Drug Screen For Marijuna?
- How Long Does Hiv Take To Be Detected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.