Why the symptoms?

I have asked my doctorthe following question but I didn't get an adequate rsponse. I hope you can help.

Last week, I found out that I have cleared the Hep B virus from my system after being diagnosed 18 months ago. I went through 4 mos. of Interferon therapy and I am currently wollen glands persistwtaking Epivir.

My surface antigen is negative and my surface anti-body is positive (Quantative > 150.0). I am thrilled about this, as is my doctor.

However, my e-antigen remains positive and my e-antibody is negative. My doc said this is not important as it will resolve (convert) with time, may take a few months.

My problem? I have felt very fatigued for over 6 weeks with swollen gands in my neck. My doc feels that it might be a reaction to converting but he wasn't sure.

1.) Is it normal to be fatigued for so long with swollen glands even thought I am "over" this? I literally fel the same as whe I was forst dagnosed! Howlong wikll it take to feel "normal" again?

2) What does quantitative >150.0 after surface antibodies mean on my lab report? Is that a significant/adequate immune response?

Thank you!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

If you cleared the HBsAg and are converting to HBsAb you had an excellent response!!!The E antigen should also convert.You should not have the symtoms you describe as part of this response.It suggests to me, that you may have another coincidental viral infection as CMV or Epstein Barr.Ask your doctor to check for these.Inf. treatment may facilitate these infections.If the swollen glands persist,you may need also a biopsy.Good luck.

MEDICAL HEPATITIS
scab