|Hep C prevention
Jun 15, 2000
How do I prevent myself from getting hep C? I am 30 year old HIV-positive gay man, taking anti-viral therapy, very healthy, and do not need to put another disease on my plate, if it can be prevented. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C is usually bloodborne and is rarely transmitted sexually. However, it may be more likely to be transmitted through anal intercourse. You should practice safe sex and don't share razors or toothbrushes. Other risk factors are intranasal cocaine, tattooing and body piercing. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.