|Hep C prevention
Jun 15, 2000
How do I prevent myself from getting hep C? I am 30 year old HIV-positive gay man, taking anti-viral therapy, very healthy, and do not need to put another disease on my plate, if it can be prevented. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C is usually bloodborne and is rarely transmitted sexually. However, it may be more likely to be transmitted through anal intercourse. You should practice safe sex and don't share razors or toothbrushes. Other risk factors are intranasal cocaine, tattooing and body piercing. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.