Jun 15, 2000
If Hepatitis C is a Blood to Blood disease, can you get it through sexual contact?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, but it is harder to get sexually than HIV or hepatitis B. The overall numbers suggest that there is some sexual transmission especially in people who have multiple sexual partners and sexually transmitted diseases. It is very rarely transmitted sexually in monogamous heterosexual couples. Don't share razors or toothbrushes and safe sex is always advisable! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If I'm Sexually Active With Chlamydia?
- What Foods To Stay Away From When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Sores Look Like?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Symptoms Of Hpv In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.