Jun 15, 2000
If Hepatitis C is a Blood to Blood disease, can you get it through sexual contact?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, but it is harder to get sexually than HIV or hepatitis B. The overall numbers suggest that there is some sexual transmission especially in people who have multiple sexual partners and sexually transmitted diseases. It is very rarely transmitted sexually in monogamous heterosexual couples. Don't share razors or toothbrushes and safe sex is always advisable! DTD
long term Hep C.
Hep C prevention
- Do Itchy Red Spots Mean I Have AIDS?
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.