Please respond

Is it possible that my hep c is causing recurrent cellulitis? If so when the treatment begins, and if it works, will I be less suseptable to recurrent cellulitis? I am hiv + hep c viral load 1,000,000 and rising. plan to go on peg interfuron and mailorder ribavirin compund. Genotype 2a.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I dont think cellulitis have been described as a problem in any case of chronic hepatitis C.There are many,but rare, extrahepatic manifestations as arthitis,myalgias ,eye disorders etc.You have a genotype that responds much better than 1,and a greater risk to develop cirrhosis because the hiv coinfection.You should expect the best resuls with peg-interferon and ribavirin.I suggest to you to check also the data on safety and adverse effects,when you select the peg to use.

Pegylated Inteferon
hiv and hepatits c