Jun 15, 2000
hi, my husband has Hep C. he recently had blood work done and on the liver functus part it said normal 0-60. his was abnormal in the 490's area. what does that mean? Amanda
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The liver tests often go up and down and really do not mean anything. The PCR, the viral load is important, but not as predictable as HIV, and the best is really a liver biopsy to determine how much damage has been done to the liver. He should have a PCR and a liver biopsy and then be considered for treatment, because we can cure this virus! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do The Bodies Of Men With Hypogonadism Look Like?
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Clear On Its Own?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Eye?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Does Herpes Around The Anus Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.