Rebetron and CD4

I am an AIDS patient (as per CDC)and have been exposed to HBV and HCV. I am currently taking Norvir, Fortovase, Epivir, and Zerit for almost 2 years. I found out about my status almost 2 years ago. I am presently on my 5th month of taking the Rebetron combination and I had read that my CD4 was going to drop. It has dropped by 90, from 267 to 177. My doctor said that the Rebetron will give me a false reading for my CD4. Should I be concerned of such a huge drop and will it go back up? I am presently working full time and have a pretty full schedule.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It sounds like you are doing well! It is common for the absolute CD4 to drop when on interferon, but ask your MD about the percentage of CD4. It usually stays the same, because the interferon reduces your overall white blood count. Keep it up! DTD

Pegylataed or Combo treatment?
liver alive long with hep. b and c