He is Negative, Am I
Jun 16, 2000
My boyfriend (100% faitful we'll say)of one year just got a test and the result was negative. Does this mean anything for my status or could I still have it?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You don't say negative for what. HIV and hepatitis B are much more likely to be transmitted sexually than hepatitis C. You should be vaccinated for hepatitis B if you are not immune and you should be tested for all sexually transmitted diseases yourself too, assuming that he is not your first sexual partner. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Have Hep B Vaccine More Than Once?
- Can You Be Hiv Negative And Have Kaposi's Sarcoma?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Which Is Better To Treat Genital Warts Tca Treatment Or Cream?
- What Vitamins Should I Take If I Have Herpes?
- Unique Characteristics Of Syphilis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.