Jun 16, 2000
Does Hepatitis C replicate faster in one infected with Aids?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes without a doubt. There is good evidence that hepatitis C levels in HIV patients are higher. This might explain why sexual transmission and maternal fetal transmission is higher in HIV+ patients. DTD
Detection of Hep C
Co-infected, Quantitative HCV-RNA has increased with HAART
- What Is The End Result Of Hiv If Left Untreated?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Lying About Hiv
- Is White Spots On My Gums A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
- 1st Stage Symptoms Of Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.