Jun 16, 2000
Does Hepatitis C replicate faster in one infected with Aids?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes without a doubt. There is good evidence that hepatitis C levels in HIV patients are higher. This might explain why sexual transmission and maternal fetal transmission is higher in HIV+ patients. DTD
Detection of Hep C
Co-infected, Quantitative HCV-RNA has increased with HAART
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can I Catch Aids From Kissing With A Mouth Ulcer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.