|Detection of Hep C
Jun 16, 2000
Is it possible for Hep C to be dormant and not show up on previous blood tests and then all of a sudden have a raised liver enzyme? I had a normal blood test about a year before the raised liver enzyme test. I had no transfusions or intravenous use of needles, but my spouse was having an affair in that interim period. Is it possible it was sexually transmitted to me since I did not have these enzymes prior?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is possible to transmit hepatitis C sexually, but it is rare. The enzymes are a very unreliable test and both of you should have a quantitative PCR test of the virus to be certain of the diagnosis. If you have it, you should be seen by an experienced treater of hepatitis and evaluated for therapy! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.