For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

What is safe?

I'm a gay man who has fallen in love with an HIV+ man. What is safe to do sexually? I am ignorant to the facts about AIDS.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is nothing that is absolutely safe, everything is relative. You should be vaccinated against hepatitis A and B for sure and you should always use condoms, even for oral sex if you want to be safest. You should also watch out for cuts on your body if exposed to his secretions of any kind. You have to weigh the individual risks and benefits of any relationship. Be careful and good luck! DTD

diagnosed w/hep C
alcohol abuse