|What is safe?
Jun 16, 2000
I'm a gay man who has fallen in love with an HIV+ man. What is safe to do sexually? I am ignorant to the facts about AIDS.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is nothing that is absolutely safe, everything is relative. You should be vaccinated against hepatitis A and B for sure and you should always use condoms, even for oral sex if you want to be safest. You should also watch out for cuts on your body if exposed to his secretions of any kind. You have to weigh the individual risks and benefits of any relationship. Be careful and good luck! DTD
diagnosed w/hep C
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Does Wart Remover Work For The Genital Warts?
- Can Herpes Virus Affect Hiv Test?
- Can I Move On After A 9 Month Hiv Test?
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute/primary Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.