|How long will the liver stay healthy
Jun 16, 2000
How long will the liver stay healthy in a person who has both Hepatitis C and Aids?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
In an individual case, there is really no guessing without a biopsy. However the population statistics indicate that the median or average time to cirrhosis in people who do not have HIV is about 20 years and it is about 10 years in people who have HIV. The course of disease is about twice as fast in the HIV infected people. DTD
Relationship between Hepatitis & HIV
diagnosed w/hep C
- What Do The Bodies Of Men With Hypogonadism Look Like?
- What Cells Are Affected By Hiv?
- Yeast Infection Or Hpv How Do I Tell
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Effect Of Syphilis If Left Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.