|Gay men & Hep A & C
Jun 21, 2000
Are gay men considered high risk for hepatitus B? How many years after the last hepatitus B booster should
gay men get another? How many years after the last hepatitus A booster should gay men get another?
Are gay men at risk for Hep C?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, it is a sexually transmitted disease. The vaccine lasts at least 5-10 years. Mine lasted 10 before I needed a booster. I would recommend testing antibody levels every 5 years or so. We don't know yet about hepatitis A, but I would guess that 5 years or so would also be about right. Hepatitis C is a sexually transmitted disease slightly in heterosexuals, and I believe much more so in homosexuals. Safe sex should help! DTD
hiv hep c and lymphodema
Relationship between Hepatitis & HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.