|Hepatitis affecting AIDS
Jun 21, 2000
How does Hepatitis C affect AIDS
Response from Dr. Dieterich
That is a good question. There are several studies, one from Italy and one from the Atlanta VA that suggest that HCV has no effect on HIV. However, it does appear that some studies show the opposite effect i.e., that HCV does increase perinatal transmission and decreases T cell. A study from England has shown that genotype 1 HCV patients die from AIDS much faster than all other genotypes. There is not a clear answer to this question. Both diseases should be treated by experienced health care providers. DTD
questions on hepatitis c
- Symptoms Of Hiv In African Americans
- White Thrush Under Tongue
- The First Test Given To Determine The Presence Of The Hiv
- What Dose Of Neurontin For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Can I Get Rid Of A Buffalo Hump?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.