Liver enzymes, HepB, HIV

Dr.

Glad to see this section. I have many questions, however, here is the story first: I have come into contact with HepB and developed immunity for it (i.e HBsAg (-) and AntiHBs (+ actually > 1000)). I do not know when and how did I come into contact with the virus. I also noticed that my ALT and alk. Phos. tend to be on the higher side sometimes (not all the time) as an example: ALT=49 (max 40 or 45) and Alk. Phos=129 (max 120). I understand it is rather minimal. Here are my questions:

- If I cleared HepB naturally, could it be that hepD (i.e delta) sticks around -- assuming I was co-infected or no-way since I cleared the HBsAg?

- What might explain my "higher" ALT or Alk. Phos.?

- Should I test for any other hep. (example D or others). BTW, I am (-) for HepC

- Now a different question: Assuming a coinfection with HepB and HIV, could and Elisa for HIV fail to detect antibodies for HIV during a 6 month test.

Thank You

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There are many causes of elevated ALT and ALK besides hepatitis. However, you cannot have delta if you don't have HBV. If you are concerned about HIV or HCV you can have the PCR tests done to be absolutely certain. I would recommend that as well as other tests. You should see a liver specialist. DTD

WHAT DOES ANTIRETROVIRAL THEAPARY MEAN?
questions on hepatitis c