pain and hypoglycaemia

I was wold that I had hep c 5 years ago and told not to worry about it. Since September 1999 I have been having periods of extreme upper abdominal pain tracing around my diaphragm into my back and up into my right should. Scann should scarring on my liver. The hep c was confirmed again by viral studies etc. I have also had periods of hypoglycaemia and last week had a period of 10 hours when I was unaware of my surroundings. Is this uncommon or is it a progression of the condition.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It certainly sounds like you should be evaluated for treatment of your hepatitis.All of those symptoms can be caused by liver disease. Speak to your MD or if he or she is not interested, see an experienced liver specialist! DTD

Hepatitis C and skin blotches
HIV and chronic HBV