Diseases caused by HCV
Jun 29, 2000
Could you please let me know what diseases can be caused by HCV? Is arthritic joints one of them?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes. Many people with HCV have joint pains. The 3 classic illnesses caused by it are cryoglobulinemia, which causes antibodies to clog up in the cold, porphyrea cutanea tarda, which causes skin rashes and a constellation of other problems. Arthritis is a very common disease, so make sure you get your hepatitis treated. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Peripheral Neuropathy Spreading To Face
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Identify The Riskiest Sexual Activity For Contracting Hiv
- Acute Hiv And Diarrhea
- If I Tested Negative But My Partner Is Positive Am I Hiv Positive Also?
- Protected Sex With Hiv Positive Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.