|Diseases caused by HCV
Jun 29, 2000
Could you please let me know what diseases can be caused by HCV? Is arthritic joints one of them?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes. Many people with HCV have joint pains. The 3 classic illnesses caused by it are cryoglobulinemia, which causes antibodies to clog up in the cold, porphyrea cutanea tarda, which causes skin rashes and a constellation of other problems. Arthritis is a very common disease, so make sure you get your hepatitis treated. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can Be Done To Rid The Pain Of Nerve Damage From Shingles?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.