|I Have Both !!
Jul 13, 2000
I have chronic Hep C and HIV and have elected to get my HIV under control first (figuring that the HIV will kill me before Hep C.) Is this wise ? or should I be tackling both at once? I am new to all of this
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You are not alone. About 30-40% of all HIV patients are HCV infected. Once you are on the HIV meds for several months it is OK to start treating the HCV. Many people with HIV are dying of their liver disease because they have deferred treating their HCV. If I were you I would start getting the HCV evaluated by a qualified treater and see if you are eligible for treatment. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Neuropathy After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.