|I Have Both !!
Jul 13, 2000
I have chronic Hep C and HIV and have elected to get my HIV under control first (figuring that the HIV will kill me before Hep C.) Is this wise ? or should I be tackling both at once? I am new to all of this
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You are not alone. About 30-40% of all HIV patients are HCV infected. Once you are on the HIV meds for several months it is OK to start treating the HCV. Many people with HIV are dying of their liver disease because they have deferred treating their HCV. If I were you I would start getting the HCV evaluated by a qualified treater and see if you are eligible for treatment. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.