Hepatitis C

Hello, My husband was diagnosed with Hep C for about 6yrs. Initially he was a non responder of intron a. Now he is on dual therapy rivabirin and intron a and tested negative two months ago. He just had blood test done and his alt and ast are high 86 and 85. I can't understand why he was responding and now he is not. Can you give me any information as to why this is happening? Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Just because the ALT is elevated does not mean that the virus is back. He must have a PCR test to determine that. Some people break through while on therapy, that is not uncommon. If he has broken through, then he can stop. The pegylated interferon may be available on expanded access or it will be approved late this year or early next year. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Hepatitis - Fatigue - Procrit
I Have Both !!