Jul 13, 2000
Hello, My husband was diagnosed with Hep C for about 6yrs. Initially he was a non responder of intron a. Now he is on dual therapy rivabirin and intron a and tested negative two months ago. He just had blood test done and his alt and ast are high 86 and 85. I can't understand why he was responding and now he is not. Can you give me any information as to why this is happening? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Just because the ALT is elevated does not mean that the virus is back. He must have a PCR test to determine that. Some people break through while on therapy, that is not uncommon. If he has broken through, then he can stop. The pegylated interferon may be available on expanded access or it will be approved late this year or early next year. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.