Hepatitis - Fatigue - Procrit

My husband is presently on Rebetron Therapy for Hepatitis C and the fatigue is worse than ever. He is still working full time. He has weekly blood test to check hemoglobin. Would Procrit help his fatigue? All the information I see is about HIV/AIDS, and today I saw a commercial advertising its use on Chemotherapy patients, why not Hep C patients?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

We use Procrit or EPO quite frequently to treat the anemia caused by ribavirin. If your husband is anemic,(ask your MD) Procrit can help that. If the fatigue is caused by the interferon, then it likely will not help. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Hep C and Liver Cirrhosis
Hepatitis C