Jul 25, 2000
One year back my brother has infected by HIV. I would like to ask you that whether these Viruses can be treated? If yes how?
What are the symptoms when HIV starts their effects?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
HIV is very treatable nowadays, if not curable. HIV begins to destroy the immune system immediately after infection. However it may take as long as ten years to completely destroy it. Your brother should see an experienced HIV treater and discuss his case with that physician. Wish him luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Period Blood How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Rimming
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Touching Scratch On Skin
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Touching Used Condom
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Rimming
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.