May 11, 2001
I received my results and two ratios were listed: HB Surface Antibody: Negative with a ratio of .8. And HBs Antigen: Positive with a ration of .08
What do these ratios mean? I am Surface Anitbody Negative-but I have a ration of .8. What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
These values refer to the actual quantification of the antigen and antibody levels measured in the test.The positive antibody test has a cut off value of detection.These results show that you are still positive for the B antigen and do not have significant antibody levels.If you are in treatment ,this may change later.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Common Are Anal Warts?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.