Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question
Dec 15, 2014

Hello Dr. 4 months ago my PCR HBV DNA viral load was 320000 copies/ml and i used TENOFOVIR DISPROXIL FUMARATE for four months and now my Viral load is less than 300 copies/ml (below detection limit) what do you say about this? Ma,am is it possible that HBV can be suppressed so in such short time? Can i trust the reports or should i go to repeat PCR HBV Quantitative??????

Response from Dr. Taylor

Tenofovir is a potent (strong), effective hepatitis B medicatiouon. It does a very good job of getting the hepatitis B viral load down, faster than other medications. This is a good response to tenofovor and not atypical. Try to stay on the medication and get your hepatitis B DNA viral load to non-detectable...the goal is to keep it there. Talk with your doctor about duration of therapy (how long you will take this medication) and do not miss any pills.

Previous
Hepatitis virus
Next
How to avoid liver cancer with HBV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.