Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Hepatitis virus

I am an alcohlic and has fatty liver. Recent test shows that my SGOT is 47, SGPT is 72 IU/L and Serum GGT is 86 IU/L. My HbsAG test is non reactive. Also, my HCV Antibody test is no reactive. What does this mean.

Response from Dr. Taylor

You do not have chronic hepatitis B infection. This is good news. Ask your doctor about getting vaccinated for this infection. Getting hepatitis B on top of fatty liver and alcoholism can make you very sick.

The negative hepatitis C test means that you were not exposed recently to this infection. Talk with your doctor about how to reduce the chance of catching this infection.

All best to you.

CURED OF HEP C !!!!
Question