The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is There a Way to temporarily hide the positive Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg) Test Result?
Aug 26, 2014

I have discovered that I am infected by Hep B virus back in 2004 and when I checked with my doctor, he said that I wouldn't need a treatment because my viral load, which was around 5000 copies/ml of blood, was very low. I continued my life without medications and didn't face any complications so far and have been doing the viral load (PCR) test nearly every year with close results to the original one.

I have recently decided to get married and found the right girl but in order for me to get married to her I must go through medical examinations which includes Hepatitis B. For that reason, I started to look for alternative treatments and decided to follow Gerson Therapy which lowered my viral load from nearly 5000 copies/ml to 340 copies/ml over 5 months of adhering to that treatment. But this is not helpful for my situation since my HBsAg is still showing positive result.

I am very tired and sick of this situation and I wan to get married and live normal life. Is there a way to temporarily hide the positive test result for Hep B?

I know this is cheating, but my fiance has no problem with it and is accepting it but her family will never accept that if they discover that I am infected.

Please help me.


Response from Dr. Taylor

No there is no way to temporarily block or hide your hep B surface antigen positivity. If possible getting family members tested and if susceptible vaccinated against hep B, would be ideal.

Hep C treatment
hepatitis c and married life

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint