Hep C treatment

I need to know if there is a treatment that can get rid of the Hep C virus from my body. I have a dormant virus that isn't affecting me at all. But I have heard that there is some kind I treatment called interferon that can maybe get rid of it. But t doesn't work for everyone. So I would really appreciate any kind of info. Thank you so much for your time.

Response from Dr. Taylor

C is for cure: hepatitis C is a curable infection. Cure with medications is beneficial, as it decreases the chance that hep C can cause scarring of the liver, liver cancer and liver-related illness.

There are a number of medications that may be used to cure hep C, including interferon injections. New pills now available and soon to be available are safer, better tolerated, and able to cure hep C more often than interferon. Ask your doctor about these new pills.

I don't consider hep C ever to be a dormant virus. We have chronic hep C or we do not. Hep C can progress very, very slowly and many people never develop serious liver damage -- but there is no dormant phase of infection, just people who progress very slowly and people whose liver disease progresses more rapidly.

Coinfection HIV & Hep C
Is There a Way to temporarily hide the positive Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg) Test Result?