|Hepatitis C antibody
Aug 15, 2014
Test Result Hepatitis C Antibody-------Reactive ( 40.63) Cutoff rate is -----1.0 (Test performed by ECLIA) What should I do? Thanks
Response from Dr. Taylor
This result means that you have been exposed to hepatitis C. The next step is to get a blood test for the virus itself, HCV RNA by PCR, to see if your liver cells are making hep C. Ask your doctor if you can access this next test to tell you if you have chronic hep C or if you have spontaneously cleared the infection.
- What Stds Cause A Redness And Red Bumps On Penis?
- Are Monocytes High Or Low With Hiv?
- Can Eye Infection Be A Symptom Of HIV?
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
- Recurrent Yeast Infections Six Months After Possible HIV Exposure
- Risk Of Hiv From Insertive Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.