hepatitis b

in 25/08/2005 sgpt alt 1480 u/l bilirubin total 5.10mg/dl in 18/09/05 sgpt 71 and bilirubin total .96a in 22/10/05 hbsag reactive, hbeag non reactive, hbeab reactive in 30/7/06 hbv dna quantitative <2000 copies/ ml or <357 iu/ml in during 2006 to 2013 every year sgpt alt is in normal range. during this time dose taken by me LAMIVIR HBV 100 now doctor advise me to make test of HBV DNA PCR QUANTITATIVE. now my question is what should i do?

Response from Dr. Taylor

Yes you should follow your doctor's advise. Your hbsag reactive signifies chronic hep B infection. Following this with a doctor over time for the rest of your life is the ideal. The test your doctor recommends is a safe way to find out if you are making hep B viruses right now. The hep B virus can change over time in a person and you are now off your antiviral medications so this blood test is important.

hepatitis b
hepatitis b blood test