Aug 8, 2014
I have been positive of Hep B for about 12 yrs. I regularly visit my Dr. every 6 months with blood work done. Last June, I had my bloodwork done and was told by the nurse that I have cleared the virus. I wasn't into any medication.
Here's my lab results:
Hep B Surface Ab, Qual : Reactive Hep Be Ag : Negative HBsAg : Negative Hep Be Ab : Positive (Abn: A)
HBV IU/mL : <20 IU/mL
Response from Dr. Taylor
Yes this is good news you have cleared the virus. There are rare instances of reactivation, for example for people who take chemotherapy for cancer, as hep B can be a dynamic (changing) virus. Therefore if your immune system ever becomes suppressed due to cancer medications or for another reason it would be important to be reevaluated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Std Cause A Rash Around Mouth And Nose
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.