|house guest just told me they r Hep C positive
Jul 30, 2014
My boyfriends brother and his girlfriend and their baby are staying with us temporarily. the girlfriend just told me they have hep C i have a 3 yr old and im pregnant. If i am doing their laundry and cleaning up the bathroom after them, are me and my family who share a washer at risk?
Response from Dr. Taylor
No, hepatitis C is not spread via casual contact among household members. There is nothing to be concerned about at all.
Making sure that everyone uses her/his own toothbrush and razor without sharing is a good thing to do.
when to start hepC treatment
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- Can You Get Genital Warts On The Labia Minor?
- Recurring Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.