HCV and Meningococcal vaccination
Jul 4, 2014
A month ago I took the Meningococcal vaccination and then I did a PCR test for HCV and found positive, although the antibody test of HCV is negative. Is there a relationship between vaccination and this test (PCR). Please Answer and thank you for your help
Response from Dr. Taylor
No there is no relationship. Talk with your doctor about whether you have acute hepatitis C, a new hepatitis C infection detected by HCV RNA by PCR before the hepatitis C antibody develops, this is important.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Elevated Liver Enzymes And Hiv Antibody Test
- HIV Risk Touching Wet Condom Then Touching Cut Penis
- How Long Can HIV Symptoms Stay Inactive?
- How Long Can The HIV Virus Survive In The Environment?
- Open Cut Contact To Blood On Surfaces Hiv Risk
- Primoinfeccion A Los 5 Meses De Relacion De Riesgo
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.