|HCV and Meningococcal vaccination
Jul 4, 2014
A month ago I took the Meningococcal vaccination and then I did a PCR test for HCV and found positive, although the antibody test of HCV is negative. Is there a relationship between vaccination and this test (PCR). Please Answer and thank you for your help
| Response from Dr. Taylor
No there is no relationship. Talk with your doctor about whether you have acute hepatitis C, a new hepatitis C infection detected by HCV RNA by PCR before the hepatitis C antibody develops, this is important.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Having Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Always Mean You Will Get It?
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- How Many Years Can It Take A Person With Hiv To Get Aids?
- How Long Hiv Rash Lasts On Your Skin?
- Does Sore Throat With Hiv Lasts Long?
- Hiv Negative Seroconversion
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.