|HCV and Meningococcal vaccination
Jul 4, 2014
A month ago I took the Meningococcal vaccination and then I did a PCR test for HCV and found positive, although the antibody test of HCV is negative. Is there a relationship between vaccination and this test (PCR). Please Answer and thank you for your help
Response from Dr. Taylor
No there is no relationship. Talk with your doctor about whether you have acute hepatitis C, a new hepatitis C infection detected by HCV RNA by PCR before the hepatitis C antibody develops, this is important.
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Do White Spots Mean I Have Hiv?
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.