chronic hepatitis b

Sir i am asain and my age is 21 years. I dignose with hepatitis b in 2010 at the age of 17 and my hepatitis b surface antigen was positive. I take entacavir for 2 years and when my hbv dna is low my doctor suggest me to leave the treatment. Now after 1.5 years i am again diagnose with hepatitis b surface antigen negative normal liver function and hbv dna 13160 iu/ml. Sir please help me and suggest me what can i do? Now i take tenofovir 300 mg

Response from Dr. Taylor

Tenofovir is a very good medicine for hepatitis B infection, so it is wonderful that you have access to this medication and are taking it every day. Ask your doctor about monitoring your kidney function as rarely tenofovir can bother our kidneys.

Other things you can do include getting tested for HIV and hepatitis C and if un-infected talking with your doctor about how to reduce your risk of getting infected; avoiding tobacco and alcohol; maintaining a healthy body weight; and talking with your doctor about testing and vaccinating household and sexual contacts against hepatitis B.

tenofovir doubts
Oral sex