Hep C and unprotected sex

I have been Hiv for a year- 66 years. For the last 3 months I have been celibate. I had a blood test with my HIV doctor one month after I stopped having sex and my labs were great, no HEP C. In July, I go back again for my routine testing. What are the possibilities that i could now be possible for Hep C- in other words, Is ther and incubation time for the virus to appear. I was a bit careless the first year out of panic and have recently come to my senses and for me celibacy is the answer. I had sex with 3 different partners one or two times without condoms during the last year. No fisting, drugs except pot, or group stuff. Should I be concerned?

Response from Dr. Taylor

If you are an HIV-infected man who has sex with men, yes please get re-tested for hep C. It can take several weeks for the initial screening test, the hep C antibody, to become reactive. Many people develop the antibody by 12 weeks after exposure but people living with HIV infection may have a prolonged time to antibody development -- in one study, slightly over a year for a small percentage of people. Talk with your doctor about getting tested for the virus itself, HCV RNA by PCR, and about how to reduce your risks for catching hep C via unprotected anal sex and sex involving blood. Also talk with your doctor about getting tested for other sexually transmitted infections such as syphilis.

hepatitis B virus dna viral load
HCV Transmission