Help really Worried!!!

Hi I was just recently diagnosed with gallstones and need to have my gallbladder removed along with stones in the common bile duct after having to go to the ER for severe pain this was in April of 2014. I went in for a routine physical and my blood work came back positive for Hep C antibodies at 8.02, I was sent to a lab for a follow up test of RNA now I'm waiting for results. I am so worried that I could potentially have the hepatitis C virus and I am wounded if the gallbladder stones are a result of the hep c but I don't know the relation between the two only that they both use the liver. My liver enzyme results show that my liver is fine but I am still so scared that I could have had hep c for a while now and not even know it or have had any symptoms. Please help!!!

Response from Dr. Taylor

There is no relationship between hep C and gallstones.

MAny people get tested and find out they have hep C. It is a commone infection. Most people feel nothing and only by being tested learn they have hep C.

Remember that this is a curable infection so if your confirmatory tests indicate you have hep C, there is treatment and the great potential for cure.

Positive for Hep C Antibodies 3 months pregnant
Does entecavir therapy for HBV treatment cause HIV window period will delay?If yes than how long?