|4 years VIREAD
Apr 20, 2014
I'm 67 male, have had VIREAD for 4+ years for treating my Hep B. Every test results have never been changed: ALT,AST in normal range, HBsAg+,HBeAg-,aHBs-, HEP.B Virus,bDNA<2000. Should I consider to swith another such as TRUVADA, HEPSERA etc, increse the dosage or combine to make HBsAg Negtive? thank you.
Response from Dr. Taylor
As long as your hepatitis B virus DNA level is non-detectable, your medication is working as best it can. Adding another medication or switching or increasing the dose will not increase your chance of losing your sAg, which is not a common event. Thus I would continue on your current medication as is.
Hepititis B infection
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Breast Milk?
- Is Oral Ulcers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.