Hepatitis B

I selected in army last month but my blood test indicates that I have hepatitis B.I consult a doctor he ask to ALT test,and hepatitis HbsAg test.My test results shows that my ALT is 32ul/ml and HbsAg shows 6373.02S/CO(reactive).Can you tell us what it means.

Response from Dr. Taylor

You have chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Next steps include talking with your doctor about getting tested for the virus itself, and its level -- HBV DNA. This is one of the factors that goes into the decision to treat with medications now, or not. Also talk with your doctor about testing for HIV and hepatitis C, and ways to keep your liver healthy, including avoiding alcohol. I would also talk with your doctor about getting your sexual and household contacts tested for hepatitis B. All best to you.

HBV Lab result
4 years VIREAD