Apr 11, 2014
How reliable are the Pcr hcv quant test by cobas taqman v2.0. Result was "not detected". Possible blood splash exposure work. Result was taken weeks from possible exposure.
Response from Dr. Taylor
This a reliable test. However consider getting a second test spaced out a few weeks from first, as in a new hep C infection the viral load can fluctuate even to limits that appear below detectable. I suggest with an exposure, also getting a hep C antibody test 12 weeks after exposure and again at 24 weeks. The risk of acquisition is low but not zero depending on the circumstances.
exposure to HCV-positive ascites fluid
Hepatitis b shots
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Gay Men
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia After Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.