hbsag

dear doctor,i am 23years old.3months before i did sex with prostitute...actually i wear condom.but unexpectedly it's broken.i consult doctor..he was tested me hiv dna test.,hbsag,retrovirus tests..all results are non reactive.but vdrl result was reactive..soo please tell me is it dangerous?and what is the meaning of hbsag non reactive?please help me doctor...i was totally scared.

Response from Dr. Taylor

The negative Hep B SAg means that at the time of the test you did not have a prior chronic hepatitis B infection. If you can get vaccinated against hepatitis B, this would be the best thing, with follow-up testing after the vaccine series to be sure you developed protection against this infection.

The reactive VDRL requires medical attention -- it means you have syphilis. This infection is curable with antibiotics (a certain type of penicillin typically). There are various treatment regimens depending on the type of syphilis infection. Please see a doctor about this as soon as possible and help your doctor find, test and treat your sexual partners so they do not suffer consequences of untreated syphilis or spread this infection to others.

Is treatment an option now?
HEP B VACCINE BOOSTER